Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Crescent Skirt

Source: http://sewaholic.net/sewing-pattern-store/1101-crescent-skirt/


I bought another pattern. I said I wasn't going to until I had some more finished projects but this one looks good. The Crescent Skirt by Sewaholic is made especially with the pear-shape in mind -- which just happens to be absolutely me. And there is a sew-along happening for it too. Combined with the great place the Aussie dollar is in right now, I think this was an astute buy and will be pushing in on the queue.

I think View A might be nice for Autumn/Winter in a fine wale corduroy like this brown and blue polka dot cord from fabrics.com.
Kaufman 21 Wale Corduroy
Source: http://www.fabric.com

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Thanks for your comment on my blog. In answer to your question of where I bought the fabric - the crescent skirt fabric was just from Spotlight, it was in with their printed poplins.

    I also buy fabric from "the fabric store", which I don't think is sydney and "tessuti" which definitely is (although a little pricy).

    I find spotlight fantastic for printed cottons though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look harder at Spotlight! Our local one can be very hit and miss :)

    I love Tessuti's fabrics but yes they are a bit out of my league -- I have heard they have some good in store specials so I need to actually get in there and have a hunt around.

    I'll check out the Fabric Store too, there is one in Sydney. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete